This Valentine’s Day we’re showing love to all who got us through 2020 — our family, our friends, our neighbors, our teachers, our healthcare/frontline workers … and of course, our significant other. Central Market has curated many delicious products to share and give to those loves in your lives, and all new chef-prepared dinners to host the most romantic celebration in the comfort and safety of your own home.
NEW CHEF PREPARED DINNERS FOR 2021
Mediterranean Chicken Dinner: spinach orange walnut petite salad; airline chicken breast, first marinated in red wine vinegar with garlic and oregano then braised in Castelvetrano olives, capers, date and spices; parsnip whipped potatoes; sautéed spring peas; brioche rolls; mini-Anthony’s chocolate mousse cakes (two); raspberry macarons (four) – Dinner for two: $59.99
Tenderloin Dinner: spinach orange walnut petite salad; two eight-ounce filets with horseradish chive butter; roasted herb fingerling potatoes; sautéed spring peas; brioche rolls; mini-Anthony’s chocolate mousse cakes (two); raspberry macarons (four) – Dinner for two: $79.99
Lobster Dinner: spinach orange walnut petite salad; two – seven-to eight-ounce oven roasted lobster tails with gremolata butter; roasted herb fingerling potatoes; sautéed spring peas; brioche rolls; mini-Anthony’s chocolate mousse cakes (two); raspberry macarons (four) – Dinner for two: $89.99
Surf ‘n’ Turf Dinner: spinach orange walnut petite salad; two – eight-ounce filets with horseradish chive butter; two – seven-to eight-ounce oven roasted lobster tails with gremolata butter; roasted herb fingerling potatoes; sautéed spring peas; brioche rolls; mini-Anthony’s chocolate mousse cakes (two); raspberry macarons (four) – Dinner for two: $99.99
Brunch: Italian sausage and arugula quiche; Challah French toast casserole; spinach and strawberry salad; berries and melon; French butter croissants; orange juice. Serves six to eight: $59.99
Orders may be placed starting February 1. Specific pickup times will be scheduled on Friday, Feb. 12, Saturday, Feb. 13 and Sunday, Feb. 14 during store hours. Last day to place orders is Friday, Feb. 12 at 6 p.m.
NOTES OF LOVE THROUGHOUT THE STORE:
In Produce find long stem strawberries, Valentino pumelo (shaped like hearts when halved lengthwise) and Tastee Apple chocolate covered apples.
In Market find pre-packaged surf ‘n’ turf dinners for two, steak Au Poivre, Chateaubriand, foie gras, French rib short ribs, square-cut chuck short ribs, lamb hind shanks, fresh veal scallopini, veal paupiettes, veal Osso Buco as well as heart-shaped fresh and seasoned burgers and sliders, sweetheart butterflied ribeye steaks and Wagyu truffle burgers.
In Seafood find lobster tails, live lobsters, Chilean sea bass, U-10 sea scallops, fresh white jumbo shrimp U-15, shrimp tray for 2, sushi and oysters including: Heart’s Desire, Sweetheart Creek, Pink Moon, Cupid’s Choice, French Kiss, Cupid’s Arrow and Sweet Petite.
In Beer & Wine find Everyday Napa – “Big Red” (regularly $19.95/promo S13.95); Daou 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon 375 ML (“wine for two”/$19.95 for two); Prosecco Spumante Doc Rosé Millesimato. ($15.95); Gran Passione Prosecco DOC (regularly $14.95/promo $12.95).
ALSO, NEW PRODUCTS JUST IN TIME FOR VALENTINE’S DAY:
· Grey Ghost Bakery Cookies: Founder, Katherine Frankstone. Made from scratch, small batch heirloom recipes, eight flavors including: chocolate bourbon, chocolate chip, chocolate expresso, chocolate mint. First to market in Texas. $7.99 each.
· Grandma Wild’s cookies: A Central Market exclusive. Imported from Morecambe, Lancashire. First started making these cookies in 1899. Eight flavors: milk chocolate cranberry, milk chocolate chip and orange, dark chocolate ginger, triple chocolate chip. $4.49 each.
· Eat Me Brownies: Low carb, protein packed. Multiple single serve brownies in the following flavors: original brownie, chocolate peanut butter bliss, tuxedo brownie, red velvet cake and chocolate coconut.
· Doughlish Edible Cookie Dough: No baking needed! Flavors include chocolate chip, cookies-n-cream and birthday cake.
· Tèo Gelato: Exclusive to Central Market. Small batch produced by one of the top gelato makers in the USA in Austin, Texas. Smooth creamy ricotta texture with a slightly tart finish. $6.49 each.
· Pear Chocolate Cake (in Bakery): Moist chocolate cake loaded with diced pears. Topped with half a pear and dusted with powdered sugar. $4.99 each.
· Chocolate Raspberry Tart (in Bakery): Buttery, cookie like sable tart shell, topped with a chocolate pastry cream and fresh raspberries. Available in six-inch ($12.99) and nine-inch ($22.99).
· Chocolate Bark (in Bakery): Made with bittersweet chocolate bark. In four flavor combinations: Ballpark – pretzels, peanuts and caramel corn; cranberry almond with toasted coconut; Tropical – mango, macadamia nuts, toasted coconut; Knackerli: dried apricots, dried cherries and toasted pistachios.
· Linzer heart-shaped cookies (in Bakery): Heart-shaped buttery cookie made with toasted almond flour, filled with seeded raspberry jam and dusted with powdered sugar. ($3.99 – two-count)
AND A COLLECTION OF NEW GIFT-WORTHY CHOCOLATES:
· Holdsworth: Established in 1988; they create beautiful hand enrobed chocolates and truffles from Bakewell, United Kingdom. Retail between $12.99-$29.99.
· Mayana Chocolates: Delicious, small production confections and award-winning truffles started by a husband-wife team in Spooner, Wisconsin.
· Karila: Edible chocolate flowers and truffles made in Estonia. Five truffle set — $14.99. Flower Cristal — $9.99. Mini flower beads — $7.99.
· Kate Weiser Chocolates: Heart-window boxes, $12.99 each, and heart-shaped bars in Warm & Fuzzy, Light & Bright, Heart on the Rocks, Cracker Jack for $7.49 each. Valrhona Chocolates: Valrhona chocolate boxes, six tasting bars and Valrhona hot chocolate from the world’s premier chocolate make for baking and chefs. Single origins and blends.
· Villars: Small heart-shaped chocolate bonbon in metal tins made from an original swiss milk chocolate recipe from the 1950s, $22.99 each.
· Omnom Chocolates: Bean to bar chocolate created by two friends in ReykjavÍk, Iceland in 2013
· Moonstruck: Hand-crafted chocolates made in Portland, Oregon. Lovebird duo, $6.99, small heart, $24.99, large heart, $49.99.
VALENTINE’S DAY CELEBRATION RECIPES:
For recipe ideas, go to www.centralmarket.com/recipe.