As part of its mission of providing the highest quality educational opportunities to high-need Latino youth, the LULAC National Educational Service Centers, Inc. (LNESC) is partnering with McDonald’s® to help promote the RMHC®/HACER® Scholarship to qualifying high school seniors across the U.S.
The RMHC/HACER Scholarship was founded to assist Hispanic high school students pursuing a college education. To date, RMHC has awarded more than $24 million in scholarships to outstanding Hispanic students.
In 2008, the national scholarship was added, offering four $100,000 awards to Hispanic high school seniors, who are selected based on demonstrated academic achievement, financial need and community involvement.
The RMHC/HACER Scholarship is awarded on a regional and national level, and awards range from $1,000 to $100,000. Applications for the 2015 RMHC/HACER Scholarship will be accepted from October 1, 2014 through January 20, 2015.
General Eligibility Requirements
- Be a high school senior
- Be younger than 21 years old
- Have at least one parent of Hispanic/Latino heritage
- Be eligible to attend a two- or four-year college, university or technical school with a full course of study
- Be a legal U.S. resident
- Live in a participating RMHC Chapter’s geographic area (for local/regional scholarships)
- Submit a complete application and all required documentation by January 20, including:
- Letters of recommendation
- List of community service projects
- Academic transcript
- Personal essay highlighting academic, career, and personal goals