Known for beautiful beaches and pleasant weather, Panama City Beach continues to add to its lineup of fantastic entertainment and accommodation options. In 2017, the destination will celebrate the opening of new hotels and accommodations and the addition of more fun-filled events.
We are enjoying an uptick in investments in both business and fun, shares Visit Panama City Beach President and CEO Dan Rowe. We look forward to the continued growth here in Panama City Beach as family and friends visit from near and far to create new memories at the beach.
Below is a list of new accommodations, attractions and events coming to Panama City Beach in 2017:
- Opening under a new flag after a $30 million renovation, the Sheraton Bay Point Resort features luxurious accommodations, reinvented restaurants, and updated meeting spaces as well as favorites such as the on-site Serenity Spa and 36 holes of championship golf, including the only Nicklaus Design course in Northwest Florida.
4114 Jan Cooley Dr.
- The newly constructed Gulf-front Hampton Inn & Suites with 182 rooms will open in Summer 2017 with the beach as its backyard, and situated within walking distance to the popular Pier Park shopping and lifestyle center.
15505 Front Beach Rd.
- The new 156-room Holiday Inn Express on Front Beach Road will open in Spring 2017, offering guests breathtaking views and direct access to the beautiful white sand beaches of Panama City Beach.
12907 Front Beach Rd.
Attractions and Events
- Host of the PGA Tour Qualifying School, Hombre Golf Club will complete a major renovation to its 27 championship holes The Good, The Bad and The Ugly in early summer 2017.
120 Coyote Pass
- The Emerald Coast Boat & Lifestyle Show, taking place March 3-5, will feature boat displays from all major manufacturers and top dealers representing the latest in boats, high-tech engines, electronics and marine accessories. The show will also feature everything for the active, outdoor and beach lifestyle, such as fishing kayaks, Stand Up Paddleboards, outdoor kitchens, dive gear, active wear and more!
600 Pier Park Dr.
- UNwineD, a Southern garden party presented by Visit Panama City Beach and Garden & Gun Magazine, will feature superb craft beer, spirits and wine from around the world, plus music and culinary creations by Northwest Floridas leading chefs during the two-day event taking place March 24-25 at Aaron Bessant Park.
600 Pier Park Dr.
- Already named a top destination for sports, in 2017 Panama City Beach will welcomethe Ironman 70.3 Gulf Coast on May 13.The race begins with a 1.2-mile open water swim in the Gulf of Mexico, followed by a 56-mile bike ride through Bay County and Panama City Beach. The final leg of the race consists of a 13.1-mile run following the beach and looping through St. Andrews State Park.
For more information on Panama City Beach, call 1-800-PCBEACH or visit the official website of the Panama City Beach CVB at http://www.visitpanamacitybeach.com/ .