First, a huge thanks to Tiffany (@TiffanyandLupus) and Dr. Shashank Akerkar for the invaluable information.
Secondly, no I am not pregnant. I have Lupus and want to share this information with any of my fellow spoonies out there either already pregnant or thinking about starting a family.
Here is some information that was shared yesterday. However, I do recommend that you speak with your primary care physician on this matter.
1) Lupus does NOT make is harder to conceive.
2) However, data shows that spontaneous abortions and stillbirths 5 times risk as compared to non lupus pregnancies
3)Fetal loss in decreased from from 40% in 1960–65 to 17% 2000–03.
4) Lupus is not associated with infertility unless the woman has been treated with cyclophosphamide
5) Cyclophosphamide used for nephritis can lead to premature ovarian failure
6) Recent studies a higher incidence of premature menoapuse in #lupus probably due to anti ovary antibodies (Read more here)
7) One should not have active kidney disease (minimum 6 months) prior to planning pregnancy
For more information, visit TiffanyandLupus
The LOLABRAND is a proud sponsor!
Launched in 2012 by Los Angeles based non-profit, The Living Through Giving Foundation, #HashtagLunchbag is a humanity service movement dedicated to creating fun-family environments to bring together diverse groups of compassionate people in local communities with one common goal: to give back.
#Hashtaglunchbag has exploded into more than 60 cities, using more than 1,000 volunteers to distribute more than 22,000 lunches to those in need. In a very short period of time it is on its way to ending hunger, one lunchbag at a time.
Hunger is a large issue here in Houston, and affects a wide number of demographic groups. This makes events like this important.
Please join me in giving back!
LIMIT FIRST 200 PEOPLE EACH OFFERED DAY
First session occurring July 31
Administered by Texas Children’s Mobile Clinic Program
All children under 18 needing immunizations as required for admission by school districts will have the opportunity to receive FREE vaccinations at the Children’s Museum of Houston this summer.
Committed to creating a community of healthy children, Texas Children’s Mobile Clinic Program will administer back-to-school vaccinationsto the first 200 people to arrive every Thursday Free Family Night, beginning July 31 through August 28.
To qualify, parents and guardians will need their child’s immunization records.
All required school vaccines will be provided except for TB Test or FLU.
No need to pre-register.
For more information visit www.cmhouston.org