Outsmart Dr. Boredom in a final showdown to save summer fun during the Summer of Epic Adventure – Forces Unite! The Museum is partnering with the Smithsonian Latino Center’s ¡Descubra! Meet the Science Expert to captivate the inquisitive minds of kids and fuel your determination to discover using STEM (science, technology, engineering and math).
Chevron Maker Annex Kid Creations: Meet kid inventors of the future as they showcase their inventions.
¡Descubra! Meet the Science Expert:
- Wearable Technology and Robotics: Latino scientists and innovators will demonstrate tech trends.
- Create-It: Engage in a maker project of your own at Smithsonian Latino Center’s interactive station.
- Meet the Science Expert: Hang out with STEM pros representing Latino-specific STEM organizations.
- Jose “Pepe” Contreras-Vidal: A professor in electrical and computer engineering at the University of Houston. He will examine your brain activity and discuss how he harnesses that activity to develop robotics.
- Javier Fadul: Has presented at TEDxHouston and SxSW on the possible futures of innovation and the accelerating returns of technologies that change the world. He will discuss the future of wearable technology.
August 7, 2015, from 2 to 6 p.m.
***Activities, events and times subject to change.
Children’s Museum of Houston, 1500 Binz St., Houston, TX 77004
MUSEUM SUMMER HOURS: – Sat.: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.; Sun: Noon – 6 p.m.
- General Museum admission: $10 per person and $9 for seniors 65+ and for active duty military personnel. Children under one and Museum Members receive free admission.
- For more information, visit www.cmhouston.org